How Can I Fix This Help!!!!!please

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 27 Jun 2009 , 4:28am by madgeowens

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 4:21am
post #1 of 15

I made a stadium and it looks like a bed pan and its too small for the ball players.......is it very difficult to make rice krispy treat ball players, so I can make those smaller and any other suggestions...I worked all day and I just don't know if there is anything I can do to make this look better..I don't have time or the mmf to do it over , thanks for help
LL

14 replies
melhoneybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melhoneybee Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 4:28am
post #2 of 15

I think it looks great! I would probably just leave the players out, and then they can put them around the cake at the party. It doesn't look terrible with them in it either though. Don't worry! icon_smile.gif

lilboo529 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilboo529 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 4:30am
post #3 of 15

i agree maybe just put them for a decoration but over all i think you did an excellent job

madgeowens Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 4:32am
post #4 of 15

I made it for mu husband and he keeps laughing...so I need to do something to make it look better before tomorrow for his birthday.....thanks though for the nice comments....its a bugger when you work all day and it looks dumb.....

madgeowens Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 4:59am
post #5 of 15

What about making players out of rkt would that be difficult? Thanks for your support, I appreciate that. I just want him to like his cake more than he does now haha....

andiesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andiesweet Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 5:09am
post #6 of 15

it will be hard to make them out of RKT to get them that small and with some detail... RKT is kinda bulky I would leave them out and maybe draw his fave team logo on a piece of fondant and put that on the field.

madgeowens Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 5:16am
post #7 of 15

I was going to let them out, but he saw them on the counter and started putting them where he thought they should be hahaha........

madgeowens Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 6:06am
post #8 of 15

How in the world can there be 70 views and only three people comment?

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 6:23am
post #9 of 15

I'm thinking I'd leave the players out of the field, maybe around the outside like a PP said. Since the spectators are "specks" themselves ( icon_lol.gif ), it stands to reason the ball players would also be that size to be scale. I'd probably paint a baseball diamond inside the field, perhaps with some tiny dots of fondant in appropriate places on the field. Or just leave them off and paint the diamond anyway!

Or just leave the players where they are, it makes for a good story! icon_lol.gif Perhaps put up a scoreboard/jumbotron somewhere on the border? That might give it a bit more finished look! I like the little lights, though!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 6:25am
post #10 of 15

Madge, this is a tough one. The stadium looks nice, but the players look way too big as you said. Could you make the players out of fondant, you could make them alot smaller, or like you said just leave them out, or put them on the outside of the stadium

madgeowens Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 6:39am
post #11 of 15

I still have pennants and flags and whatever else I can come up with to finish it....I might try tiny players, but I never did that so it could actually look worse haha believe it or not.....I tried not to make too much cake becaus eit goes to waste, not enough peeps to eat it, and so thats why its too small...but I will keep trying thanks for all the ideas....they help

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:38am
post #12 of 15

I Hope i'm not too late on this, but here are my suggestions:

really fill up those stands with "people"!!! I've seen people use M&Ms, or go for jumbo multicolor nonpariels (sp). I mean, no green on the inside-- you want a full house!

take the players out, and at the bottom of the cake, make the baseball 'diamond' defined with white bc. Place the players on the outside of the cake, maybe one on each corner of the board.

madgeowens Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:42am
post #13 of 15

well I raised the one end using rics krispy treat mix, and added some things, like a scoreboard, which I did not notice was for a basket ball game and my phillies penant I did not notice was upside down...now neither I nor my hubby noticed this or the flag that was backwards....but my grand son pointed all that out for me hahaha.......you can se the other pics on my page....its the funniest cake I ever made...it went from looking like a bed pan to looking like a commode...........oh well thanks for trying to help...appreciate it

momsbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsbakery Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:54am
post #14 of 15

Yeah, you bought those Goliat sized soccer players but set them aside and forget them for a while. I would just make players like confetti in two different colors and set them on the field. Ask hubbie to use his imagination and forget about that. I know when it happens to you it´s not as hilarious but, hey! you are in the circle of trust. You don´t have to prove anything, he already knows you make beautiful cakes. thumbs_up.gif Blessings!

madgeowens Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 4:28am
post #15 of 15

He liked it better after I raised the one end, and of course when he tasted it he was in heaven lol..thanks I posted it in my pics with pics of the finished cake....wait till you read what stupid mistakes I made its hilarious

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%