Fresh Flowers On Cakes

Decorating By nattiefu Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 2:07am by nattiefu

nattiefu Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:08am
post #1 of 4

ok...here is a silly question. What does everyone use for their fresh flowers on wedding cakes. I am assuming the flower spikes for the flowers along the sides of the cakes but what about for the "arrangements" on the top tier?? Do you put them in anything. Feel very silly for asking! icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
chefjess819 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:13am
post #2 of 4

i use floral tape over the stems of my flowers or nonscented wax works just as well. for the topper, i would use styrofoam covered in fondant as a base, stick the floers into that, then place fix it to the top of the cake. this would work great if you are having to deliver to keep from having the flowers fall or slip off the top while in transport. HTH! thumbs_up.gif

djs328 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:14am
post #3 of 4

Don't feel silly - I posted something very similar a little while back! icon_smile.gif

I've used a small, clear plastic saucer (like that you put under a flower pot?) and glued a piece of foam - the kind you use for fresh flowers - so you can water them...then arranged the flowers, and just put the whole thing on top. Not sure if that's right or wrong or anywhere in between but it worked! Just arrange them so that they kind of hide the container.

nattiefu Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:07am
post #4 of 4

thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%