San Antonio Area?

Decorating By nicolesprinkle Updated 27 Jun 2009 , 6:34am by happy1mom

nicolesprinkle Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 12:49am
post #1 of 6

Can anyone recommend any cake decorating supply stores in San Antonio? We are going for an extended weekend vaca. from Houston and would love to check out some other stores! Houston only has 2! TIA!

5 replies
minicuppie Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 6

You can Google cake decorating supplies and resturant stores for SA. I also live in the Houston area and have 4 stores I frequent. 1 in Pearland, 2 in SW area and 1 in Sugarland. Do you know of any others?

nicolesprinkle Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 6

I know of the 2 in SW Houston, but not the other 2! Where is the one in Pearland? Nothing came up when I googled it!

nicolesprinkle Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 6
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 6

San Antonio has 4 cake decorating stores that I know of.

American Gift Shoppe at 1604 and Blanco, on the southeast corner of the intersection next to the Starbucks. They sell most of the products we read about people using here, plus a good selection of fondant and gumpaste cutters. Prices are comparable to or a bit higher than prices you'd see online...but you save by not paying shipping.

Terry's House of Cake Decorating is off of West and I-10. (Google it for directions, it's on a little side street). Very nice older couple who own the place. It mostly has Wilton stuff.

Lucy's has two locations on the south side. I haven't been there but when I called and from their website I don't think they have anything for working with fondant.

Esme Cake supplies is in the phonebook, and located somewhere on the east side...but I've never been able to reach them by phone so I've never tried going there.

happy1mom Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 6:34am
post #6 of 6

Terry's is the best one to visit.
Lucy's is very small and has a limited supply.

Quote by @%username% on %date%