Wiltons Square Cake Set - Horrible Experience!

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 11:31am by burgderb

ttehan4 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 12:21am
post #1 of 5

I havent done a square wedding cake before and I got orders for 2 for this weekend. I bought the wilton square set awhile back, but have never used them and I guarantee I will never used them again. I had to hire help for this week i was so busy, so I didnt need the added stress of the generic wilton pans.

I have thrown out 6 cakes. All 16 inches except one, which was my fault. The 16 inch ones just do not turn out of the pan well and the corners are crappy. Im so disgusted with these things, Im going to throw them out tomorrow after I bake the last 3 16 inch layers.

I just had to vent! I think I'll let my husband poke holes in them and hang them in his garden to scare the deer.

4 replies
jammjenks Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 12:24am
post #2 of 5

I hate you had that problem. Don't throw them out. Send them to me...I use the wilton square pans all the time. Do you mean you couldn't get them out of the pans?

gscout73 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:15am
post #3 of 5

It's possible you did not have sufficient non-stick in the corners. I have only Wilton pans (by default) and have never had a bad experience be the cause of pans. I know this because I have used every pan many, many times over the years since i began in '91 and have only had probs when I was low on non-stick, out of flour, etc. I find it hard to be the pans.

ttehan4 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:13am
post #4 of 5

Okay, Ive calmed down. I think the non stick spray was the problem. I still dont like the corners that the pan makes though. I looked up the magic line pans and they do look like a lot sharper square pan. I think I will invest in a set. I think im all caught up now on everything. My helper is coming again today, thank goodness.

Have a good day all, Im off to bake.

burgderb Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:31am
post #5 of 5

parchment paper and they will come out perfect everytime

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%