Trying To Make Beach Chairs, Please Help

Decorating By babycakes0022 Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 1:37pm by babycakes0022

babycakes0022 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make two adirondack style beach chairs for a bridal shower on Sunday. I'm attempting to do this but it is not working very well. I cut out pieces for the chair from gumpaste, let them dry and am now trying to put them together and it's not going very well. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this. I would appreciate any help I can get. thanks!!!

3 replies
maddiseeyore Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 12:14am
post #2 of 4

I did a chair like this a while ago and it was difficult for sure. I let my gumpaste pieces dry then attached them with royal icing. A few of the pieces had warped in the drying proces so they were hard to attach and I actually had to add a lot of royal. So where the royal was kind of 'gloppy' I filed it down with a clean emery board when it dried. I attached some of the pieces, propped things around them to hold them, let them dry completely, added more, let them dry, added more, etc. It was process and a fair amount of work but it worked out in the end. Here is a picture od the chair, but excuse the figure...she is only partly done and I ended up not actually using her. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1401426
Don't know if this helps, but if there is any other questions that I could help with I'd be glad to try!

leah_s Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 12:23am
post #3 of 4

That's exactly what I did when I made the chair!

babycakes0022 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 4

Oh Thank You So Much!! I am definitely going to try this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%