Your Most Popular....your Favorite???

Baking By lam1498 Updated 28 Jun 2009 , 1:15am by CarrieBear

lam1498 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 11

Hi all,

I looked at all the different cake flavors, fillings and frostings on the sticky at the top of this section and WOW there are alot.

I have tried the chocolate WASC cake (absolutely delish) and the creamsicle cake (adults loved it, kids-not so much) so I am wondering, what are your most popular flavor compination and your personal favorites as well!

10 replies
Michellers Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:39am
post #2 of 11

My favorite is a simple white cake with lemon curd filling. Delicious!

My husband loves the Goodies N Cream from the Gourmet thread - butter cake with a whipped filling and crushed candy bars.

My most requested flavors are a Strawberry shortcake - WASC with whipped pastry pride and fresh strawberries. And my Orange Creamsicle. People love it.

chefjess819 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:42am
post #3 of 11

my favorite cake, is a pineapple cake. my basic scratch vanilla cake is the one i have that seems to go the best, and is best for carving. icon_lol.gif

briannastreats Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:45am
post #4 of 11

My favorite is a simple french vanilla cake with the twinkie filling and sliced strawberries, then covered in vanilla buttercream (I use Sugarshack's recipe). I used this for part of my beach cake (in my gallary) and also covered it in sand (nilla wafers, brown sugar, and graham crackers). It was fantastic!!!

jlynnw Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:47am
post #5 of 11

my fav is WASC, Grand Marnier simple syrup, and black, blue, and strawberries in pastry pride for the filling.

I don't sell cakes but someday.......

moxey2000 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:52am
post #6 of 11

My scratch vanilla butter cake with Indydebi's buttercream icing is my most popular. A close second is my chocolate fudge cake with the same frosting, which is also my personal favorite.

lam1498 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 11

THANKS so much for sharing!!!! Any links or recipes is appreciated, I am going to try them all! YOU ALL ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

suzylynn58 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 1:03am
post #8 of 11

My most popular for decorated cakes is probably chocolate fudge. For specialty cakes, my Black and White Russian with chocolate dipped strawberries.

CarrieBear Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 1:09am
post #9 of 11

Key Lime wasc, lime curd, lime BC

aliciag829 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 1:10am
post #10 of 11

My favorite combo is yellow cake with Rich's vanilla Bettercreme. I put a layer of vanilla pastry cream and fresh strawberries inside.

My most popular request is for Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake with the chocolate Wilton BC.

CarrieBear Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 1:15am
post #11 of 11

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

here is the google doc from the gourmet flavors thread with tons of flavors havent made them all but im sure all are awesome

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%