Luster Dust Or Edible Glitter On Chocolate Molds + Lorann ?

Decorating By fruitsnack Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 8:24pm by mgwebb68

fruitsnack Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 2

I am working on a cake for a bridal shower on Sunday. My plan was to use fondant in these cute little wedding candy molds I found. The problem is that the fondant is sticking in the molds and not holding the pattern on them. I don't have gumpaste to add to the fondant, either.

My plan B was to use white chocolate in the molds to add to the cake as decorations.

First of all - can you use any Lorann oils in the candy or is it only certain ones? The only clear ones I have are cotton candy, marshmallow or cheesecake - which would go best with a white and chocolate cake?

Secondly, since the buttercream is going to be white, I wanted to add a bit of . . . something to the chocolate to make it stand out more. I thought I had pearl luster dust, but I only have silver. I also have edible glitter. Can you mix either of these into the chocolate before molding? In my mind, I see either swirls of the silver dust or little sparkly pieces of the glitter throughout each piece. Would that work?

1 reply
mgwebb68 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 2

Regarding the flavoring I would use Cheesecake, that sounds pretty good.

I have used Lorann oil in white chocolate and it worked fine.

I have not mixed the luster dust into the candy, I would be worried that it might cause it to sieze. However, I have waited for the candy to set, and painted it on with a dry brush and it worked great.

Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%