I Need Small Round Decorating Tips..

Decorating By sarah0418 Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 6:02pm by cakedout

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 4

and I don't know where to start. The smallest one I currently have is the Wilton #1. They also sell a #1s and a #1a can't tell from the website if these are smaller or larger or what! Does anyone know where I can purchase a round tip with an opening smaller than a Wilton #1?

3 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 4

I know I have like a 00 or smaller - I have 2 cake supply places near here I get them from. There are several good decorating supply websites people talk about here - I have trouble remembering all of them off the top of my head, but I'm sure people will post names and/or links! Global Sugar Art is one, sugarcraft is another. Good luck!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah0418

and I don't know where to start. The smallest one I currently have is the Wilton #1. They also sell a #1s and a #1a can't tell from the website if these are smaller or larger or what! Does anyone know where I can purchase a round tip with an opening smaller than a Wilton #1?

For a round, you could just nip the tip of your decorating bag. The absolute smallest I've ever done involved a parchment triangle where I didn't even nip the tip, I just used the teeny tiny opening of folded paperfor it.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 4

I think CK Products also carries PME tips. They are more expensive ($5-6) per tip, but they are seamless and of a much higher quality than Wilton.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%