Raspberry Flavored Eggs

Lounge By firelegs Updated 28 Jun 2009 , 8:50pm by mrspriss0912

firelegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firelegs Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 10

I occassionally make cakes just for fun to take to work. I made a raspberry white chocolate cake and took that in yesterday.

I always have this one woman who will rave about how great my cake is, and then ask me for the recipe so she can duplicate it. She's one of those people who wants to compete with everyone and do things better. Ugh. I just don't care to share cake stuff, because they can go take the classes and find their own recipes. Anyways, when she asks, I usually say "its on the box" as I do use the mixes and doctor them. She has come back to me on 3 separate occassions and told me her cakes don't come out like mine. I simply tell her "you gotta add the love" (something I saw here on cc and stole for my line - thank you to whover that was).

Yesterday - she came back to me after having a slice of my cake and asked me how I got the raspberries in there and my cake was still white and not red. icon_eek.gif Instead of telling her it was flavoring, I told her the following: "I use raspberry eggs. They feed chickens a strict diet of raspberries, and their eggs come out with this great flavor. Its a little known secret that most bakers won't share with customers." She asked where I bought them and I told her she had to ask for them at the store, as they don't stock them on the shelves, but likely have some in storage. I was clearly making this up on the spot - I can't keep a straight face for the life of me. I heard from others later in the day that she was spreading my 'secret' around the office, to which everyone else enjoyed the story. icon_lol.gif

Which brings me to today - turn on my computer, open my email and I have a message that says "I went to wegmans, and they have never heard of raspberry eggs. They suggested I ask you more information about them." icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

9 replies
2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 10

That is hilarious!

chasebrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasebrad Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 10

Okay....I am ROFL! I just LOVE it!

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 1:30am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by firelegs

"I use raspberry eggs. They feed chickens a strict diet of raspberries, and their eggs come out with this great flavor. Its a little known secret that most bakers won't share with customers." icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

For some reason, as a vegan, I find your answer hilarious! icon_lol.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 1:31am
post #5 of 10

Oh...My... Raspberry eggs!!! I wish I could think on my feet that quick. PRICELESS!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:26am
post #6 of 10

LMAO!! I love it

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:32am
post #7 of 10

I don't find myself laughing out loud at very many things, but I couldn't help myself. Even my husband thought it was funny.

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:36am
post #8 of 10

Love it! She is so gullible you could have lots of fun with hericon_smile.gif

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:39am
post #9 of 10

ROFLMAO! i have seriously got to get some graphic software for all these great stories on here. picturing a chicken laying a giant raspberry in a nest. a post a couple days ago, had a woman asking for "live" ingredients and my overactive imagination had a chicken popping out of the top of a cake like the blackbird pie in the nursery rhymes. some people are so clueless. OP- next time she comes to chit chat, tell her they fond a new study of the word gullible...saying it slowly sounds like green beans. see how many times she tries to make it do just that. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 8:50pm
post #10 of 10

OMG that is awsome!!!!! Love the quick wit in the future do you think i could use your story I have a similar person i would love to use that on and see what happens GREAT JOB!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%