Cupcake/muffin Pan Sizes

Baking By babeebk Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 8:47pm by cylstrial

babeebk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babeebk Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 5

I received a phone call from a potential customer who attended a party where my cupcakes were served. She got my contact info from the host of the party. She wants to do a cupcake tower at an event she's throwing next month. She was very kind and offered wonderful feedback on my cupcakes. She says they were beautiful and delicious...but that they're TOO SMALL! Part of me thinks she's right. I currently use the standard size cupcake/muffin pan.

After I hung up with her I got online to search for larger pans. I already have jumbo/king sized pans, but I think those are just way TOO big. Are there pans (and liners) out there that are larger than standard but smaller than jumbo? I searched all over the internet and can't find anything in between.

I'm thinking 4-4.5 ounces. Please help!

4 replies
quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 5

I've been searching lately too, but I haven't seen any other sizes either. I guess you could ask her if she prefers the king or jumbo size and charge accordingly if she does.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 5

I thought that the king and jumbo were different sizes? I thought it was mini, regular, and then king, and then jumbo. Cause the jumbo are super tall and big. Where as the jumbo are just big, but not tall. I think I got my king at walmart. And then the jumbo are at Michael's. I'm not at home though, so I might be getting the king and the jumbo confused). But I know that I definitely have 4 sets of pans and they are all different.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 5

You could switch to souffle cups. They come in 4oz. sizes and are often used for cupcakes. A second benefit is that the cups are sturdy and can be placed on a cookie sheet. This should increase your production. In addition, many sites offer decorative wraps for cupcakes, after they are baked and decorated.

Also, I just remembered, at King Arthur, they have mini bake and give pannettone cups. Really nice. They hold more than regular cupcakes. A regular 24 batch of cupcakes would make sixteen of these.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewkyrankelly

You could switch to souffle cups. They come in 4oz. sizes and are often used for cupcakes. A second benefit is that the cups are sturdy and can be placed on a cookie sheet. This should increase your production. In addition, many sites offer decorative wraps for cupcakes, after they are baked and decorated.

That's a good idea! I didn't think of that!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%