Wedding Cake With Whippy Cream Icing

Decorating By Talbert Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 6:30pm by cakebaker1957

Talbert Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a wedding cake for a Hispanic friend of mine and she doesn't want the buttercream icing because it is to sweet, she does however like the whippy cream icing used at Walmart & Krogers, but a friend that works there told me it would not work for a wedding cake because it would start falling off of the cake any suggestions?

5 replies
dutchy1971 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 6

I'm doing a wedding this friday with Pastry Pride a non dairy whipped topping. It's available at Smart and Final. Unlike whipped cream Pastry Pride can sit out without having to be refrigerated for a longer period of time. You can flavour it but it doesn't take colour well. You can also try frostin Pride or Rich's Bettercreme.

HTH

2txmedics Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 6

is there any place to get that b/c icing your speaking of in the Houston Texas area???

umgrzfn Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbert

I am making a wedding cake for a Hispanic friend of mine and she doesn't want the buttercream icing because it is to sweet, she does however like the whippy cream icing used at Walmart & Krogers, but a friend that works there told me it would not work for a wedding cake because it would start falling off of the cake any suggestions?

Have you tried BC Dream? It is very delicious. Still has the BC taste but NOT the sweetness! My family absolutely loves it. I also tried making Indydeb's recipe and that was awesome as well. Her's is made of crisco and no butter so it will hold up better.
HTH

tinygoose Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 6

How about Swiss meringue buttercream?

cakebaker1957 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by umgrzfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbert

Have you tried BC Dream? It is very delicious. Still has the BC taste but NOT the sweetness! My family absolutely loves it. I also tried making Indydeb's recipe and that was awesome as well. Her's is made of crisco and no butter so it will hold up better.
HTH

Sorry to jump in but what is BC Dream?? sounds interesting
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%