Covering A Cake Board W/ Scrapbook Paper?

Decorating By IDoCakesinTX Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 4:14pm by burgderb

IDoCakesinTX Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 9

I saw a post in the forums in which the caker covered the board in scrapbook paper....I think it was "_Jamie_"....

How do you protect the paper from grease? In the pic I saw of hers, the board was very clean....it didn't look like she used saran wrap or anything to cover it....

What's the secret?

8 replies
Minstrelmiss Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 9

I think contact paper....

CakesByLJ Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 9

You can attach the scrapbook paper to the board with a glue stick, cover the whole thing with laminate, or clear contact paper. Put your cake on a separate board, so it does not sit directly on the surface for the contact paper (for food safety).. I have done a few, and love the look myself.. hth

mixinvixen Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 9

i use contact paper, and then have my bottom tier on a cake board. so it starts on the bottom with a foam board, scrapbook paper, clear contact paper, then foam board and cake.

dailey Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 9

yep, clear contact paper.

i used scrapebook paper when i'm being lazy and don't want to roll out fondant, lol!

luv_to_decorate Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 9

You can also use clear cello wrap. It is food safe and you can get it at Michale's on a big roll. I use that when I use paper that is not food safe. I have covered boards in themed tissue paper and used the cello wrap over it.

quietude Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks guys, I've seen this but didn't know how to do it.

IDoCakesinTX Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 9

YAY!!! Thanks for all the replies! I *thought* it was contact paper, but I wasn't sure......

off to Hobby Lobby I go icon_wink.gif

burgderb Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:14pm
post #9 of 9

I used two sided tape to cover a mdf cake boardwith scrapbook paper, then I made the cake on a store bought foil cake board cut just to size and placed it on top, it worked fine no marks on the paper and cut fine, I did put two sided tape on the bottom of the foil board so the cake didn't move, that way the cake never touches the paper that may not be food safe www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1374556.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%