Creative Wording.....

Decorating By Mel2085 Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 4:22pm by matthewkyrankelly

Mel2085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel2085 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 8

okay so i am making a cake for a wedding reception in July....BUT here is a catch....It is a cake to inform the family that they are prego....they had a destination wedding back in Feb. and this reception is for family that couldn't make it! So what is some creative ways to say "HEY I"M PREGO" without saying it that way? She likes the saying "and baby makes three" and she wants ducks....so I was thinking doing ducks in a little tub...two larger ones and a little on holding a little sign.....but I want something clever for it to say.....any suggestions?!?!

7 replies
burgderb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
burgderb Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 8

How about the old school yard rhyme first comes love then comes marriage... then comes..., I think the guests will figure it out from there

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 8

I agree with bergderb, it's cute and would work with the duck theme.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgderb

How about the old school yard rhyme first comes love then comes marriage..., I think the guests will figure it out from there

Cool! And then change the last line to say

"Guess what? It's time to buy a baby carriage."

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lildragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildragon Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgderb

How about the old school yard rhyme first comes love then comes marriage..., I think the guests will figure it out from there

That is such a great idea!! I suppose you could also use the "rub a dub dub" ( since you're thinking of a bathtub theme and change the word "men" to "ducks") rhyme and do some rewording on that one. Not quite sure what though, I'm not that clever.

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 8

transfer the school yard to barn yard. lol. then the ducks would tie in better. have the words written on the cake maybe? at the top have first comes love.... and at the bottom under the ducks, have ana baby makes 3? just a thought. icon_lol.gif

cakeaddiction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddiction Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:07pm
post #7 of 8

Not sure if you want to figures, but you could do bride and groom like a wedding topper, then a baby carriage. Have the bottom tier all wedding like with the bride/groom standing on top of it but beside the next tier. (with saying first comes love, then comes marriage.) Have the top tier covered in ducks with the baby carriage sitting on top. (and on the side maybe the ... without finishing the saying.
(and of course depending on how big it has to be 3 tiers with the love being first, marriage being second and baby being 3rd.)

Wow I see this clearly in my head so I hope it makes sense. icon_redface.gificon_confused.gif

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:22pm
post #8 of 8

OK, Stealing from everyone else. Do a classic wedding cake with three tiers. All white or ivory .. Very very classic. Then star with the subtle joke. Do the two ducks on top dressed as bride and groom. Then like someone said on the side of the first tier " First come love..". Second tier, "Then come marriage"..., On the bottom tier write "Then comes baby". Put the baby duck down there. If it was all white on white, people would slowly start to figure it out. If the couple really wanted to fool people you could go with traditional figurines. This sounds like fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%