Cheesecake..how

Decorating By Yankie Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 11:15am by Evoir

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 9

do you get them out of the pan without messing up the crust. Since the bottom of the pan is basically stuck to the cheesecake...how do you get the cheesecake out of the bottom plate?

Can you flip the cheesecake out of the pan and then flip it back to sit on the crust like is supposed to. Hope i'm clear on what i'm asking...thanx

8 replies
KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 9

When I take a cheesecake out of it's pan, first I run a knife around the edges of the pan and loosen the side ring. I raise the side ring up just over the edge of the bottom plate and tighten it again around the side of the cheesecake. Then, I run a sharp knife underneath the cheesecake to separate the crust from the bottom of the pan. At that point, with the side ring still fastened around the cheesecake, I can usually just lift the cheesecake onto a serving platter or cake board. The other thing that can be helpful in moving the cheesecake is large (forgive me for not knowing what they're called) cake paddles-they're just flat metal - about 7" x 7" square with handles and if you have two of them, it's really easy to lift the cheesecake, but the side ring will still help keep the cheesecake from cracking when you move it.

cakemaker30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker30 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 9

I've never tried it before, but I saw on here somewhere that someone said they cover a cake circle the size of the pan and put it in the bottom of the pan right before they bake the cheesecake. That way you just lift it up from the bottom using the cardboard. If anyone has more info please feel free to share as I've never done this before.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 9

I just line the pan with parchment, so when it is cold it just lifts off. the springform sides are off by that time, so it is just lifting it off the bottomw.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 9

Hi there! It can be tricky getting those cheesecakes out of the pan but it doesn't have to be. There was another thread about this very same topic not too long ago. There were a lot of good suggestions given. Here is the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-634382-.html

HTH icon_smile.gif

jenkosman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenkosman Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 9

In culinary school we baked them in regular cake pans in a water bath, let them cool for a few minute, ran a knife around the edge, let them cool all the way then torched the bottom of the pan to loosen the buttery crust from the bottom, placed a cake round on top, turned it over, removed the pan, put another cake board on the bottom & turned it face up. Instead of torching you could probably just put it over the flames on your stove top.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 10:35pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkosman

In culinary school we baked them in regular cake pans in a water bath, let them cool for a few minute, ran a knife around the edge, let them cool all the way then torched the bottom of the pan to loosen the buttery crust from the bottom, placed a cake round on top, turned it over, removed the pan, put another cake board on the bottom & turned it face up. Instead of torching you could probably just put it over the flames on your stove top.

This is how I do all of my cheesecakes (I don't even own a springform)... although I chill them overnight before flipping them out. Also, I line the bottom of the pan with parchment. You can also dip the cake pan in hot water to loosen it up, in lieu of a torch.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 6:06am
post #8 of 9

I've made tons of cheesecakes without having a problem. After it comes out of the oven, let it cool, put it in the fridge, take it out when firm, loosen the edges, loosen the bottom with the back of a knife or a metal spatula.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:15am
post #9 of 9

I use a springform tin,, lining the bottom with a sheet of parchment paper, but NOT trimming it into a circle to fit. I then attach the side of the tin, letting it capture the paper firmly. When the cheesecake is baked and you've cooled and removed the sides, you can slide the cake right off the bottom round. You can also fold the paper under the paper stuck to the cake, and roll it off under the cake (I hope this makes sense, its hard to put into words!), as you are placing it onto a serving platter of cake plate for sale.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%