Swag

Decorating By ShayShay Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 7:45pm by Necey

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 5

Can anybody tell me how to pipe a swag onto the side of a cake and what tip is used?

4 replies
cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 5

I am no expert at cake decorating at all, but I'll try to help. I think that you can make the best looking swags by using any of the petal tips (like the one you would use to make the rose petals). If you're using Wilton tips, the most common ones are #s 59-64 or 101-104.

Or you could always find a picture of a cake with swags you like and then aske the decorater how they made them. HTH. Good luck!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 5

What type of swag are you planning on doing?

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 5

if you're just using the us shape swag probably 1,2,3, i did see some where an easier way is to divide out yur cake so the swags are even

Necey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Necey Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 5

There are great videos online that show you how to pipe swags, that's how I learned. Maybe this site has them as well ? I found mine on UTUBE before I found this site. I had to practise the art of pulling the tip away from the cake and then back to attach it to the cake again before I started another swag. It sounds more difficult than it is really but is not too hard with practise. HTH. Necey.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%