Wilton Yearbooks?

Decorating By dandelion Updated 22 Aug 2005 , 4:03pm by mommymarilyn

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 6

I've read about Wilton Yearbooks all over this site... this is in the Wilton Yearbook... you can find that in the Wilton Yearbook...What are they? Should I invest in a copy of my own?

5 replies
becca0926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0926 Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 6

Every year wilton makes a yearbook.It has cakes and cupcakes already decorated.Usually about 200 decorating ideas.Great book for inspiration.You can buy the 2006 yearbook at most of the craft stores(like michaels and joanns) The older ones you can bid on them on www.ebay.com
The books also have a section so you can purchase items from wilton.Half catalog and half decorating ideas.I own everyone from 1972-2006

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 6

It is a yearly magazine that is put out by Wilton....it has lots of ideas for cakes in half the magazine and the other half is all the Wilton products you can purchase. They can usually be found in the cake decorating area of your local Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 5:44am
post #4 of 6

Thanks! I'm going to try to get the 2006 one next time I go to Michaels.icon_smile.gif

mudpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudpie Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 6:32am
post #5 of 6

You will find that , to start, one will help. Over time however, you kind of see the same ideas recycled with minor changes. the purpose of the Wilton yearbook really is to sell wilton product. I think definitely a copy will be of great value to you. And it's always fun to search through the old ones too. As life circumstances change, what you are interested in will change as well. I think they are nice to have. Use your 40% off coupon!

by the way, I sent you a private message a few days back regarding 4-H and a couple other things. Hope you received it.

mudpie

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 4:03pm
post #6 of 6

The yearbooks also have a small section on "how-to's" and recipes, etc. And even a picture to show what you can do with different tips, and some different uses for their pans. I think it would be very useful for you - lots of ideas! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%