Bitter Tasting Red Frosting

Baking By sweet-treats1975 Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 1:08pm by tiggy2

sweet-treats1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-treats1975 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:47am
post #1 of 8

Could anyone please let me know how to make a red RI that is not bitter?
Thanks for the help!!!

7 replies
SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 7:05am
post #2 of 8

Try Americolor brand Super Red. Definitely DO NOT use Wilton's. Also, your color will darken a little more if you let it sit for several hours before using it.

maren5783 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maren5783 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:45am
post #3 of 8

use red powder color vs the paste/gel
works awesome hardly have to use any!

maren5783 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maren5783 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:46am
post #4 of 8

use red powder color vs the paste/gel
works awesome hardly have to use any!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:58am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringFlour

Try Americolor brand Super Red. Definitely DO NOT use Wilton's. Also, your color will darken a little more if you let it sit for several hours before using it.

Americolor is great, but if you don't have access to it, Wilton No-Taste Red has always worked fine for me in terms of omitting the bitterness; however, it might turn out a littler paler red than you are trying for.

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 12:23am
post #6 of 8

alot of black and red flavorings have a bitter taste so you have to make sure you buy "no taste" red and black color. I don't know why they would even make color that has a bitter taste, but they do icon_surprised.gif It says "no taste" right on the front though so thats what I've been buying icon_biggrin.gif

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 12:23am
post #7 of 8

alot of black and red flavorings have a bitter taste so you have to make sure you buy "no taste" red and black color. I don't know why they would even make color that has a bitter taste, but they do icon_surprised.gif It says "no taste" right on the front though so thats what I've been buying icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 1:08pm
post #8 of 8

Chefmaster liqua gel is concentrated, takes only a little bit and no letting it set to darken. No bitter taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%