Can For Cylinder Shape?

Decorating By 2girliesmama Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 7:55pm by 2girliesmama

2girliesmama Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:06am
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever used an empty can (green bean can etc.) as a mold to bake a cylinder shaped cake? If so do you need a heating core? What would you use for this and about how long and at what temp do you bake? Please help!!! I have a cute idea and if I could do this it would work out great! icon_biggrin.gif [/code]

4 replies
CakeMommyTX Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 5:31am
post #2 of 5

I've used large and small cans and both have turned out fine. I greased and then baked a 325 degrees until they looked done and a toothpick came out clean. The cakes were baked perfectly, with very light brown edges (lighter then when baked in a 8" round), I let them cool for 10 minutes and then turned them out onto a cooling rack.

Unlimited Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 5:45am
post #3 of 5

A coffee can works too... just make sure you NEVER use any metal container that is galvanized--not food safe!!!!

madgeowens Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 6:06am
post #4 of 5

for my watermelon cake I used ball cake on the end of the cakes standing on edge....look at pic to see what I mean

2girliesmama Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks sooooo Much Y'all!!! I think I am going to make my hubby a 6 pk cake for his b-day and using a can to do it would be sooo much easier. Y'all are great!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%