Need Help/tips For Painting Silver Glaze On Fondant& Sto

Decorating By azizak Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 4:05am by __Jamie__

azizak Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:13am
post #1 of 2

Hello,

First time ever posting. I'm really really hoping some1 can help! I recently started making cakes. I have a couple questions, if anyone would be kinda enough to answer. Well this next cake I'm making I want to paint silver designs. I bought silver glaze and painted a test piece and it made streaks and even after letting it dry and repainting it had streaking and pulled up some of the first coat. the pictures ive seen look nothing like what I painted. I also tried mixed it with piping gel just to see and it gave it a different effect. What is the best way to paint with silver glaze?And also can any one give tips on painting black as well. I have the black gel food color by wilton. I want to make fondant beads and I plan to roll each then paint them silver and black alternating.( i dont have time to order the bead moldicon_sad.gif its for this thursday) here is a link so you can see which silver I have. I can get the luster dust by wilton it anyone thinks that might be the better route, but i would like the matellic look.

http://www.fancyflours.com/silver-glaze.html

Question 2:

Ok so I have to have the cake done thursday night because I am going out of town friday morning. The baby shower is on saturday. Does any one have advice for storing the cake to keep it fresh. The people would like a chocolate ganache filling, and the cake will be covered in fondant. I only have a home fridge. What is my best options? Is ganache a bad idea?

Thanks for any advice

1 reply
__Jamie__ Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:05am
post #2 of 2

I have the same silver glaze, love it. One hint, in case you haven't done this already, dig a toothpick down into the bottom of the bottle, and mix it around real well, there is usually a thick collection of silver down at the bottom, so get that all mixed in. Make sure what you are painting on is dry, and do one thin layer at a time. You'll get it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%