For Those Of You Who've Made Cake Truffles, Would This Work?

Decorating By rharris524 Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 12:11am by Marianna46

rharris524 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 5

My mom is hosting a 'tapas' luncheon...basically all individual sized foods. I immediately thought of cake truffles. Especially, since I have a few upcoming cakes that I'll have to level, so I'll have the scraps and I've been meaning to try them anyhow. But, she really wants to serve the desserts in fancy espresso (slightly larger than a shot glass) so I was thinking of doing the filling and putting it in the glasses and covering in about a 1/4 inch of ganache (or just melted chocolate) and then adding cute touches, of course. Would that work? I've never eaten them before so I'm note sure how the ratios of ingredients comes into play flavor-wise...

4 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:00pm
post #2 of 5

Do you mean loose filling? I do not think that would look very appealing, no matter what glass you put it in.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

BillaCakes Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 5

If the glasses are heat proof, perhaps you could bake mini brownies in them and then top with some diced fruit and chocolate drizzle?

Rylan Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 5

I quite don't understand what you mean... Where are the ingredients from the cake truffles that you would use for the new dessert? Kindly clarify it for me.

Marianna46 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:11am
post #5 of 5

I think I get what you mean. When I do cake truffles, I put cake crumbs + leftover icing + whatever else catches my fancy (chopped nuts, a little rum, some chocolate chips,...) on the inside. I make balls from this mixture and dip them in melted chocolate and set them out to dry. If you were to put this mixture in the espresso cups and top them with ganache or whatever (¿is this what you were getting at?) you'd have these cute little "mini-trifles" that you could then decorate. I think it would work just great and I'll probably try them sometime, since dipping things in chocolate and letting them dry is too much work and it's too tempting to finish them off before they set. Good luck with your idea!

I edited this to see if it would make more sense. I hope it does!

Quote by @%username% on %date%