Color Flow Question....

Decorating By pjmrg1 Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 2:45am by pjmrg1

pjmrg1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmrg1 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 3

Is there any way to "help" a color flow piece dry more quickly? It is really humid here right now.....I do have the air conditioning on....but I'm thinking I may need some help here due to a time crunch.

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

2 replies
BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:18am
post #2 of 3

there are a couple ways to help them dry faster.... one is to set a light bulb close to the object to produce a little heat to help it dry...... to do this method just place your hand close to the object to make sure the light isn't too close (feel the heat with your hand - just a little warm will do).
Another method - if you have a dehumidifier - place it in a small room (I use my guest room) and place your item to dry in there with it - it'll be dry in no time.
There is another method out there but I have not tried it - something to do with your oven - not sure if it was to turn your oven on to it's lowest setting or to just turn the light on in your oven to warm it up a smidge - maybe someone else here can help with that method. The other two I have used and work very well.

Hope this helps. thumbs_up.gif

pjmrg1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmrg1 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:45am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the tips! I have really been struggling with figuring this whole thing out. I have 24 hours once my plane lands in Phoenix to put together a 50th birthday cake (surprise) for 50 people. Phoenix would have a MUCH better climate for getting these color flows dry....but don't want to cut myself short on time. I will be spending most of my time doing the baking, icing, etc....so I was hoping to bring these with me on the plane(I'm making plenty of extras...praying they survive being my carry-on). Can't wait to see what the TSA says...lol. I'm gonna get the dehumidifier going in the morning.....might add the light bulb for good measure =) I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed!

Michelle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%