Refrigeration

Decorating By cakenewbiekgm Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 12:09pm by Mike1394

cakenewbiekgm Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 8

I am working on a cake for a wedding this weekend. I am very slow at icing and getting a smooth finish so it will take all week to ice. My question is - the cake has a raspberry filling (raspberry jam and icing mixture) does it need to be refrigerated once the filling is put in?

If it does need to be refrigerated how soon do I take the cakes out of the fridge?

What will happen to the icing once the cake is iced and I take it out of the fridge?

Any other issues I should be considering?

7 replies
bashini Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 8

Hi, since its jam and buttercream, you don't need to put it in the fridge! icon_smile.gif

cakenewbiekgm Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 8

That is the best news I've had all day! YAY! Thanks SO much!

bashini Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakenewbiekgm

That is the best news I've had all day! YAY! Thanks SO much!

You are welcome! icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:38pm
post #5 of 8

Really? All week? I think your jam is going to get gooey and start separating from your icing. Ick.

bashini Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 11:50am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Really? All week? I think your jam is going to get gooey and start separating from your icing. Ick.

I don't think she is going to spend the whole week icing the cakes!!!! few days ahead, what she meant? icon_smile.gif

iownajane Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:02pm
post #7 of 8

I use SMBC or IMBC...both butter based buttercreams..I definitely refrigerate...and I'm lousy at smoothing icing,so I "chill" in between coats..kind of helps,but I haven't got it yet...

Mike1394 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:09pm
post #8 of 8

It would kind of depend on if your using buttercream, or criscocream.

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%