Anyone Here Taken The Master Course At Wilton?

Decorating By cupcakeco Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 11:45pm by BlakesCakes

cupcakeco Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 5

I'm talking about the 2-week "Master Course" at Wilton HQ in IL. If so, how was it? I was curious if it was a worthwile experience.

4 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 5

I took it several years ago.
I loved every minute of it.

It's an expansion on the Wilton I-IV classes and you learn so much about what you don't really know. The faculty is wonderful and it's great to be around other decorators for 2 weeks.

Having dedicated time, with someone else making all of the icing and providing all of the supplies was just invaluable for me. Nothing else was calling my name icon_wink.gif

All I can say is that it can only make you better at things you already do, and certainly teach you plenty of new stuff, too.

bergerbear Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 5

I took it years ago, upon completion of my associates degree in culinary arts at JJC. It was a great class!!! I still use the skills I learned there, some 16 years ago!

cupcakeco Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much to you both for your insights. I really want to take time out and attend, but I'd have to wait for 2010 because this fall will begin my final year of college and of course I'm booked up for the rest of the year.

Do either of you know if the same types of courses and dates are offered every year? I'd understand if not, I think I may have to contact Wilton on that.

BlakesCakes Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 5

As I recall, the Master's course times are very similar every year. Other classes fluctuate more.

I'm sure that the 2010 schedule will be online in the next month, or so.

If you call the school, they'll be more than happy to help you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%