Wine Botttle In A Box Cake

Decorating By robin3845 Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 10:16pm by Renaejrk

robin3845 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robin3845 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 5

Can anybody tell me what's the best way to make a wine bottle in a box cake? I've heard that using pound cake is the best, but how do I get the shape so perfect?

4 replies
Tracye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracye Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 5

In the "Confetti Cakes" book by Elisa Strauss there are detailed step-by-step instructions.

If you can, get that book... it's awesome!

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 5

I am taking a workshop later this summer to make just a wine bottle, and yes we were told to use pound cake. We are using empty vegetable cans to bake the cylinders that will make up the bottle. Good luck - I'll have more details (and pics) after my attempt!

robin3845 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robin3845 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks guys for your advice. I looked at the Confetti Cakes book and I found it really hard it follow. I think I'm just gonna wing it!!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 5

definitely use pound cake - I use the wasc recipe and it's sturdy. I've seen decorators cut circles from sheetcake (with whatever size circle cutter you need) and fill/stack them to the right height. I would probably use rice krispies or something other than cake for the bottle neck if it needs to be fairly thin - like real life size. If you are making it larger than scale, then you could do it from cake - I'd freeze it, though and dowel it well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%