6",8", & 10" Square Pans (2"high) -

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 12:50pm by cylstrial

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:41am
post #1 of 6

I just purchased Martha Stewart's baking pans (2" high) in 6",8", & 10" squares. Does anyone know how much cake batter (i.e. how many boxes of cake mix) is needed for each of these pans? icon_cry.gif

5 replies
ceshell Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 5:15am
post #2 of 6

There's a cutting and serving guide right here on CC; it includes #cups of batter needed for standard pans. Check it out! http://www.cakecentral.com/article14-Cake-Baking-Cutting--Serving-Guide---2-in-Deep-Pans.html thumbs_up.gif

dhccster Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:40am
post #3 of 6

I just used my 8" square pan (Fat Daddios) for the first time yesterday. I learned that it does indeed require more batter than an 8" round!! I did the WASC and that was not enough for 2-- 8" square pans.

ceshell Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:54am
post #4 of 6

Oh yes, so true; according to that chart, an 8" square pan takes a CUP more batter than a round. That's PER PAN. You need to increase your recipe by 2 cups...for a 6-cup recipe that's +1/3 recipe in order to fit into squares.

Strangely enough, it charts the same batter amount for a 6" round or square, and also a 10" round/square. icon_confused.gif

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:54am
post #5 of 6

Thank you sooo much! That chart is great. I forgot about it. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:50pm
post #6 of 6

Honestly, I have found that if I really want the cake to be 2 inches, that I have to add a little bit more than that chart says for the square. But it also has to do with the recipe. If I make a stiff peak out of the eggs, the cake rises up taller than the pan. If not, it's slightly too short.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%