Did I Dream This Or...

Decorating By Bakingangel Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 12:09am by Bakingangel

Bakingangel Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:23am
post #1 of 9

did I see where someone said to get get more vivid, bolder colors in their BC (and fondant?) that they use the bottled colors for candy? Or was it airbrush colors? I can't remember and it's driving me nuts! Can someone clarify this please?

[/i]

8 replies
scgriffiths Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:31am
post #2 of 9

Paste colourings will give you vibrant colours. Apparently, Americolour is one of the best, we don't have it here, so I can't say from experience. Wilton also have them, but I don't think they are quite as vibrant.

Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 9

I know that when I airbrush over my buttercream colors sometimes they get more vivid..I don't know about the candy colors though as they are made for oil based candy and not icings...

Bunsen Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgriffiths

Paste colourings will give you vibrant colours. Apparently, Americolour is one of the best, we don't have it here, so I can't say from experience. Wilton also have them, but I don't think they are quite as vibrant.

I can get them here in Sydney - Iced Affair stock them, they have an online store and I assume they would ship to Tassie? I prefer them to Wilton but there is not a huge difference to be honest, usually I buy which ever brand has the best colour match for what ever I am making.

OP, sorry to highjack your thread - I too would be interested if there is another option for bright colours. BTW I get good results with powdered colour for Christmassy red and green as it doesn't have the problem of adding too much liquid to get the colour.

PinkZiab Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 9

Yes oil based colors work well--especially in meringue-based buttercreams.

Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:19pm
post #6 of 9

Good to know!! Thanks Pink Ziab!!

ahuvas Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 9

cakedeco.com.au also stock them and ship.

Bakingangel Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks everyone. I hope someone will still confirm which one it is (candy coloring or airbrush coloring). I currently use Americolor and sometimes Wilton.

Bakingangel Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:09am
post #9 of 9

bump!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%