If I 'pre-Make' Mmf, How Should I Store It?

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 9:43pm by MrsNancyB1

MrsNancyB1 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:14am
post #1 of 6

I'm thinking to make my MMF on a Tuesday, cover the cake on a Thursday and decorate on a Friday.

On the Tuesday if I wrap my MMF tightly in saran wrap, and put it in a ziploc bag can I leave it out on the counter, or should I put it in the fridge and pull it out so that it gets to room temperature before I start rolling it on Thursday?

Thanks so much! I'm new, and am very nervous about my very first fondant cake, so I have lots of questions. icon_razz.gif

5 replies
cutthecake Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:18am
post #2 of 6

I leave it out on the counter, tightly wrapped, and it's fine days later. It actually gets better after it sits for a while. There's nothing perishable in it. All the ingredients are fine at room temperature.

MrsNancyB1 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:19am
post #3 of 6

Thank you!! icon_biggrin.gif

SweetStuff30 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 6

I coat mine in lard, then wrap in seran and put in the fridge, then when i want to use it i let it sit out for a few hours to get to room temp. Im gonna try leaving it out on the conter and see what happens.. Im always scared to do that

Lita829 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:39pm
post #5 of 6

Welcome! I also coat my MMF in shortening, wrap in plastic wrap and place it in 2 Ziploc bags. I then put it in a plastic, airtight container and let it set in the cubbard. I have some MMF in the cubbards that is over a month old and it is still soft and pliable. I only use this MMF for accents or flowers but I could coat a cake with it if I wanted to.

MrsNancyB1 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:43pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks ladies! icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%