Color Rolled White Fondant

Decorating By Treena Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 5:09pm by annieluz

Treena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Treena Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:18am
post #1 of 6

I am in a time crunch and have never made fondant. I purchased a 5lb box of Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant. What is the best way to color this to the colors that I need? Thanks a bunch. You all are such awesome help!
Treena

5 replies
psychmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psychmom Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:24am
post #2 of 6

You can paint it once it's on or you can knead in gel colors. IMO Wilton is so hard to knead. If you don't have to have this ready until tomorrow sometime I would suggest making MMF.
Good Luck icon_smile.gif

~Raquel

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:25am
post #3 of 6

pinch of how much you think you need plus a little more "just in case" and flatten a piece out, smear it with your color and fold it in at first, then knead it. Wear gloves or be prepared for rainbow hands. Bright colors take quite a bit so don't be shy with the color or it'll take forever to reknead after each addition.

Treena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Treena Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:35am
post #4 of 6

Can I bypass the kneading and just paint on the color that I want each piece to be?

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:11am
post #5 of 6

Sure!~ it can look a little streaky, but if you use petal dust it would look good.

annieluz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieluz Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 6

what is petal dust? I was thinking of painting some fondant lettering that I am doing for a banner since I have had bad luck kneading color into the Wilton fondant and keeping the consistency...

sorry Treena... didn't mean to steal the thread... GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FONDANT!

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%