"insanity" Might Come To Mind...

Decorating By CakeMakar Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 5:28am by CakeMakar

CakeMakar Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to do a sheet cake for a premiere celebration.

He'd like Munchkinland replicated. I have a better picture, but it's a bmp and I can't upload it. This is the closest I can find online to give you an idea of what he wants.
http://www.beyondtherainbow2oz.com/sisters1.jpg

We're also going to add the twister with Dorothy's house on top, as someone here on CC did.

Just very rough ballpark...what would you estimate you'd charge for a full sheet cake, and what would your costs be?

Thanks so much in advance.

4 replies
CakeMakar Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:16am
post #2 of 5

Ok, I told him at least $150 in supplies alone. He is family and I'm not pro, so I do want to help him, but that's obviously going to be hours of work I don't intend to donate for free. I'd just like some reference points from others, please.

leah_s Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:24am
post #3 of 5

A full sheet serves 102 (Wilton party servings) so I'd be in the $500 - $600 range for something like that.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:36am
post #4 of 5

Hours and hours and hours.You've really got to sit and think about how much time this is going to take and then think about how much you are going to donate. Is this one of those times where someone won't appreciate the real cost of the cake? That looks like a lot of work!

CakeMakar Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 5:28am
post #5 of 5

Thankfully, he is one of the few in my family that really appreciates my work & loves to see them. I've done a cake for him every year and he oohs & aahs and shows it to everyone.

Thanks for the ballpark figure for price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%