Recipe For Chocolate Fondant

Decorating By madhattercakes Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 7:13pm by BeginnerCaker

madhattercakes Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 4

I don't know if this is going to make sense but here it goes.....Does anyone know how to make a fondant out of chocolate? Now I don't mean a chocolate flavored fondant, I mean a fondant made of chocolate (like little candy melts). Like there is a fondant made from marshmallows, I know there has to be a recipe out there somewhere? I find plain fondant to bland, MMF too sweet but someone had mentioned before that a chocolate fondant was just right?!

3 replies
bashini Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, yes there is. Its called chocolate plastique. There are two recipes, one white chocolate and one dark chocolate. Its in Mich Turner's Spectacular Cakes book.

If you need it please let me know. I'll send the recipe to you. icon_smile.gif

madhattercakes Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the recipe bashini! One question for anyone, I have come across two ways of making chocolate plastique
1) just chocolate and corn syrup
2) stock syrup, chocolate, cocoa butter, and glucose syrup

what is the difference between the two? Does the butter do something better to the recipe?

BeginnerCaker Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 4

I would LOVE to have a recipe for chocolate fondant, I agree that MMf can be too sweet. Which, if it's for kids cakes then of course they don't mind icon_smile.gif But if there is an alternative that I was previously unaware of then I would like to know what it is. Thank you SO much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%