Where Do I Find...

Decorating By Tita9499 Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 9:13pm by mgwebb68

Tita9499 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 9


I looked in Michael's and Office Depot (because it was right next door), but I couldn't find it anywhere. I want to do a chocolate wrap around a ganache torte for DH's b-day on Friday so I need to get it soon.

Anyone know where I would find some? Does Hobby Lobby carry it and if so, what section would it be in?


8 replies
Misdawn Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 9

You would probably find it in the floral section. Or maybe check with a local florist and see if they will sell you some. I dunno. I've never done a wrap before, but I know florists use acetate all the time to wrap their flowers.

cutthecake Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 9

How about Staples? They sell printable acetate.
Another thought....how about those report covers that have the slide on plastic binding? Would they work?

Kayakado Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 9

I believe mine came from Joanns. I was in a Hobby Lobby friday and they didn't have any.

mgwebb68 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 9

Also would like to know. I've been looking but I don't know where to find it either. I have some patterns that I need to make for a cake and I was hoping to be able to use acetate.

mom2aidan Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 9

It depends on how large of a sheet you need...

At office supply stores you can find it with the sheets for overhead projectors - but only in like 8x10 size.

If you need it to be larger than that you need to go to professional art supply stores and buy it in large rolls. Here in Seattle I purchase my rolls (for graphic design projects) from Daniel's Art Supply. Online I have also ordered it from dickblick(dot) com. They are pretty reputable and competitively priced. I'm not sure how quickly they could ship it to you though. Also, the rolls are pretty large, so if you only need it for one small project it may not be realistic...

Hope that helps.

txnonnie Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 9

What I have came from a cake supply store/bakery. Probably more expensive to purchase this way.

Tita9499 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 9

Thank for the tips. I guess I would need the largest to be around 8" in length. The other (6") I can adjust accordingly.

mgwebb68 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 9:13pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for all the tips (even though I didn't ask the original question). And now all I can say is "Duh!" I didn't even think about overhead projector sheets, that will work perfectly!!

Thanks again, to everyone, especially to the OP because if you hadn't asked I probably never would have and would have just figured out another way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%