Cake Serving Question... In This Case Who???

Decorating By CakesbyCindi Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 7:17pm by sweetcakes

CakesbyCindi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCindi Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 2

I am making my son and future daughter in-law's wedding cake in August. The venue provides this service, but allowed us to sign a waiver and pay a vendors fee for me to be able to do this for them. The kids are also having cheesecakes as centerpieces on the tables, the cake is more for pictures and them cutting, but we want to be able to serve it to guest who would prefer cake. My question is, who is suppose to do this since the venue is not providing the cake, is this usually part of the vendors fee? or will it be and extra charge? or is it appropriate for someone in the wedding party to cut and serve the cake? I have attended weddings where the bride and groom served the cake, and also where it was cut and set up buffet style. I don't have a problem cutting it but is it appropiate for me as the MOG to do so? First child getting married, one more to go, need to learn all of the wedding etiquette before August. Any feedback on this one? icon_confused.gif

1 reply
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 2

if the venue had provided their cake they would have cut and served it as part of your contract with them. since you have signed a waiver just to be able to bring in your own cake and you have also paid a fee to do so i would check with them ,but i expect they should also cut and serve your cake since you ineffect have paid them to do this. check with them first. it can be amessy job especially if you and the MOG are all dressed nicely, neither of you should have to serve cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%