Please Help Me Figure This Out.

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 8:10pm by cakedout

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 2

I have commited to making a cake on Thurs for my office. I have however had a death in my family and can not devote the time needed to my original idea. I have decided to do a square gift cake with just fondant dots and a simple fondant bow.

My question is, I will not have time to let the cake freeze like I normally do. Will it be ok that way. Also I wanted to get square pans and do not think I will have time for that either so can I bake a 9x11 cake and cut it in have and fill and stack that way. I need to feed only about 20 people. Also I am new at this and just normally use boxed cake mix but since I am cutting it in half and stacking I think I need something more sturdy. How about adding pudding to the mix to thicken it up.

Please let me know what is the best way to do this.

TIA

1 reply
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 2

If you can work your schedule out to allow ANY amount of time in the freezer would be best. Can you find an evening to bake, then defrost and decorate the next day?

If not, even a few hours in the frig might help.

'Stacking' two halves of a 9x13 is just like putting two 8" round cakes together, so you don't need any special recipe other than what you normally make for a layer cake.

Sorry to hear about the death in your family. {hugs}

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%