Wedding Cake Flavor

Decorating By stampinron Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 12:49am by cylstrial

stampinron Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 7

My friend is getting married and said "I'm content with all carrot cake, but do you think that it would be better if we did the middle as white?"

I was going to recommend she do whatever flavor she would perfer, be it all carrot or not. Do you recommend they do at least one other flavor for their guests?

6 replies
Michellers Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 7

Ultimately I think it's what the bride wants. But I think it would be considerate to have another option for guests who may not like carrots or may be allergic. Are there even people who are allergic to carrots?? I don't know.. LOL But it's what the bride wants.

indydebi Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 7

I'm not so sure that it's "ultimately" what the bride wants. As my speech to them goes, "You may think this day is all about you but it's not ..... when you walk down the steps of that church you are now hosting a very large event and you have guests to take care of ... and darlin' we ARE going to take care of them. Now .... what flavor do you think your GUESTS will enjoy?"

It's easier for me to make all one flavor cake (one batch of batter instead of multiple batches). But I'm VERY big on "take care of your guests!" Most people like white or chocolate ..... carrot or other "odd" flavors are hit or miss.

For example, my son-in-law and I are traditionalists. If there's no white cake, he says he's taking his present and leaving. I prefer white cake and will decline any other flavor ... and be ticked off because I couldn't have "wedding" cake, all because the bride thought EVERYONE would like monkey-butt-earwax flavored cake! icon_biggrin.gif

I think they are safe in having an all white or all chocolate cake. I think they are risking it if they have an all any-other-flavor-cake and may end up with lots of leftover cake.

jimandmollie Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 7

I would mix it up. Many people don't like carrot cake.

dorie67 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 7

I leave it up to the bride, usually they come to me with the flavor already in mind. They do ask for help with the fillings and icing. princess.gif

Gingoodies Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 7

I did a wedding last May and the B&G were both carrot cake fanatics, sooo.. the top tier was carrot cake (for them) The rest of the cake was vanilla cake with chocolate mousse and vanilla cake with vanilla mousse and strawberries. The bride did tell me that the top tier never even made it past the wedding nite icon_lol.gif The groom devoured most of it when they got home. There is a way to make it work for everyone.

cylstrial Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:49am
post #7 of 7

If the bride wants a special flavor of cake, like carrot cake or pineapple or anything else, I would suggest she also go with a traditional flavor for her guests. Not everyone likes carrot cake, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%