Cake Balls Question

Baking By miny Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 4:44pm by cakelovincrazy

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 7:23am
post #1 of 11

Hi there, I have some cake and chocolate left over from yesterday so I decided to give cake ball a try, as I'm reading the recipe I noticed that it says to use flavored coffee creamer, buttercream or any other binder and I was wondering, can I use some white chocolate mousse that I made with heavy whipping cream and didn't use because it wasn't the consistency I needed for a filling, it ended up very "watery" but tasty, that's why I want to use it, it'll be a waste to throw it out. TIA icon_wink.gif

10 replies
miny Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:01am
post #2 of 11

Anyone? Please.

rgj123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rgj123 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:09am
post #3 of 11

I've only used buttercream as a binder....what about mixing just a small amount of cake and mousse? Just try a few and see how it works. icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:09am
post #4 of 11

You can use anything you want as the "binder" for cakeballs, mousse, frosting, creamer, milk, pudding - whatever. Just respect the ingredients (meaning refridgerate, if necessary) and go to town. Roll them in balls ( I use a cookie scooper for consistency and then pop in fridge/freezer prior to dipping) and flip after chocolate dip (less "feet").

HTH icon_smile.gif

miny Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 9:11am
post #5 of 11

Thank you guys so much, I'll make them in the morning and let you know tomorrow evening how they turn out icon_wink.gif

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 10:53am
post #6 of 11

I make a lot of cupcake pops & I use whatever I have @ that time(buttercream,creamer,etc.) to bind the cake together.

miny Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:28pm
post #7 of 11

Did you use a mold for the pops or were they free handed?

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:36pm
post #8 of 11

I use a mini ice cream scoop, the one that's about the diameter of a quarter. Then glove up and roll in your hands. Don't make them too mushy, it's not hard to overdo the liquid/buttercream.

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 5:04pm
post #9 of 11

I free hand them,they're very easy to do.

miny Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 9:36pm
post #10 of 11

Well, I'm sad because I didn't get to make my cake balls icon_cry.gif my DH came late at night from work and ate most of my leftover cake! At least he said it was good cake icon_razz.gif I'll have to wait for next time to try them.... icon_sad.gif

cakelovincrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelovincrazy Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 4:44pm
post #11 of 11

I haven't tried them, but saw a recipe online that called for cream cheese
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/789105/how_to_make_mini_cake_bites.html?cat=22

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%