Moister Wasc? Help!

Decorating By MemphisMom9801 Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm by txnonnie

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:24am
post #1 of 5

A couple of months ago, I was asked to make a cake for a friend. I used the WASC recipe for both cakes... one original recipe and one modified for chocolate. I've always used this recipe and always had positive comments. However, my friend was very disappointed in the texture and complained that it was too dry. I really find that hard to believe BUT I'm wondering if there are any tricks out there to making this particular cake moister than it already is. Any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help at all. Thanks!!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:32am
post #2 of 5

Which WASC recipe did you use? What temp did you bake it? How long? Could you have over baked it?

Everyone's tastes differ......she might have been looking for a fluffier, 'regular' box mix type of cake.
About the only way I can think of to make it any moister is to brush it with simple syrup. I don't recommend that as it is such a moist cake to begin with.

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:43am
post #3 of 5

This is the recipe I've used for a while now... http://www.recipezaar.com/White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Wedding-Cake-69630. I always bake at 325* until toothpick inserted in center comes clean... 30-ish minutes or so. I thought about a simple syrup, too, but didn't really want to do that. It has a good bit of sour cream in the recipe and I sub some of the water with liquid coffee creamer. Anything else that you might add to the cake batter for extra moistness?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 5

I've tried using baking strips and my cake were moister. Omgosh it was.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 5

I made a lemon WASC with lemon filling. Everyone loved it. To me it is a very dense cake. I was not sure how people would react, but they liked it really well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%