I Dedicate These To The Following Cc'ers

Business By travelingcakeplate Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 8:34pm by leah_s

travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:49am
post #1 of 14

To Leahs & Indydebi:

I'd like to publicly state that your unyielding willingness to share information has truly helped and given me the confidence to step into the world of wedding cake decorating.

From how to properly conduct a wedding consultation to what insurance questions to ask to how to deliver multi-tiered cakes in one piece with the SPS system, your wealth of knowledge has helped me in ways you cannot imagine.

Therefore, I dedicate these two cakes to you two wonderful CC'ers.

I hope you like them.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1398943

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1398947

Peach flowers and drapes are for Leah
50th golden anniversary for Indydebi

Thanks again you ladies are awesome. icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 14

Here, Here! I second that!

Oh, and beautiful work on the cakes, too.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:02am
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Here, Here! I second that!

Oh, and beautiful work on the cakes, too.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Me to!! And I agree - cakes are beautiful

travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:08am
post #4 of 14

I should also state that many others have also contributed, but these 2 ladies just seem to stand out the most to me. But a special thanks to each of you who offered friendly advice and shared words of wisdom.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 11:41am
post #5 of 14

I agree!!!!

I have to tell another one of my SPS stories....I had a three tiered cake in the back of the van. But not just ANY three tiered..a TRES LECHES three tiered!!! On a 100 degree day. I have all kinds of padding uder the boxes to stop them from sliding, and nice flat surfece, but while driving down the highway, this jerk pulls in front of me and cuts me off. I had to slam on the brakes and the box SLID (the first time I have ever had the box slide before!) across the back of the van.

Cake arrived without any damage or problems! (except the caterer hates me now...SPS and milk don't mix well..she said the plates wouldn't come out. I told her next time to cut around them till you get to the pillars and then remove them. )

I love SPS!

scoutmamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoutmamma Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 11:56am
post #6 of 14

Every question, no matter how repetitive it HAS to be for them, they answer with the same enthousiasm as the first time they answered it!! God holds a special place for people willing to teach others... Thank you, thank you, thank you.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:13pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutmamma

Every question, no matter how repetitive it HAS to be for them, they answer with the same enthousiasm as the first time they answered it!! God holds a special place for people willing to teach others... Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Not only that, but I love the no nonsense answer that both of them give! You are both great mentors!

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:22pm
post #8 of 14

Where would we all be without someone who has 'been there, done that' to give advice. I think its better shared here than if you called a local contact who is your competition. I've learned so many lessons from all the great mentors on the site and am so grateful for their patience. I'm always happy to share what I know locally or here because I think that helping us all improve raises the bar for everyone and the result is Amazing Cakes, and thats what its all about isn't it?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:55pm
post #9 of 14

Your cakes look great! And I'm with you all the way! There are so many wonderful people on here who give great advice!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:51pm
post #10 of 14

Awww, traveling and all you other guys, thanks. icon_redface.gificon_smile.gif

I always tell my friends and my brides, that at this age and stage of my life I do not blow smoke up anyone's skirts/play games/ whatever. I'm a WYSIWYG kind of gal. And when I find a product I love (like SPS) I'm tellin' everyone. Ditto on products I'm not fond of.

I remember when I left a certain "pink" chatboard never to return and found my way over here. CC is a MUCH friendlier place. And where else could I convene the FNCC?

Man, I'm gonna have to start my own acronym list . . .

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:08pm
post #11 of 14

I'll add my own kudos for leahs. The first time I read a post from her, I KNEW I was going to like her ... a LOT!!!!!!!!! .... and that she would become one of my go-to people. (I like blunt, direct people ... huh! imagine that! icon_rolleyes.gif )

It's easy to share with a sharing group and I can honestly say I've learned more from 2 (+/-) years on CC as I have in 25 years of doing this on my own .... from professionals to newbies alike!

You guys are ALL awesome! thumbs_up.gif And I'm glad to be a part of your group.

SHogg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHogg Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:24pm
post #12 of 14

I was thrilled to find CC over a year ago. Been enjoying it every since. Have learned a lot from many members including JanH, indydebi, Leahs, FromScratch, MacsMom, there are too many to name. Wonderful networking site.

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:34pm
post #13 of 14

I third, fourth and fifth the kudos! Thanks for all the "tough love", and honesty.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:34pm
post #14 of 14

Aw, Indy yaknow I love ya! I even gave you an SPS plate . . .

I too appreciate the no nonsense answers that Indy provides. I've often noted that we share a brain.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%