Fondant Suggestions

Decorating By decorating_v Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 2:12am by SandyS

decorating_v Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decorating_v Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:27am
post #1 of 6

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone has used any type of fondant other than Wilton, such as Satin Ice?

I am thinking about buying ivory fondant and was hoping some of you would be able to offer advice on which brands are good and not so good.

Thanks!

5 replies
kel-belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel-belle Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:35am
post #2 of 6

I am new to fondant myself. But Ive heard that Satin Ice is ok tasting. I've not tried any store bought type other than the Wilton. I got that to practice with-- but ugh, tastes horrible! Have you tried making your own yet? MMF is not too hard once you get used to it, and comes out nice and white, tastes reasonably good, and can be made in advance. There are several MMF recipes on the site. It is pretty messy at first, but once you get a system & used to it, its not so bad.
~ Good luck!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:43am
post #3 of 6

I make Michele Foster's fondant, but when I am crunched for time, I use Satin Ice, which is also tasty.

sweetsadiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsadiecakes Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:52am
post #4 of 6

I love Satin Ice and FondX. I've heard Fondarific is really great, but haven't gotten to try it.

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:01am
post #5 of 6

At first I used some random brand carried by the Bulk Barn here. Now I use Satin Ice. I'm not a fan of fondant (it's a texture thing for me). But everyone who has tried my cakes with the first brand and then again with the Satin Ice have made a comment about how great the fondant tastes now.

SandyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyS Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:12am
post #6 of 6

Well I have fallen in love with Fondarific!! I rolls out without much sugar and taste great. The only problem is when you open the bucket it smells so good it's hard to resist not eating it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%