Pineapple Filling Question

Decorating By idgalpal Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 9:03pm by djs328

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 11

I'm looking for a pineapple cream recipe. I frequently use a raspberry cream filling recipe from a Wilton book (I think). Do you think it would work to substitute canned crushed pineapple for the raspberries?
The ingredients are - frozen raspberries, corn starch, heavy cream. Cooked over the stove until thickened. I know fresh pineapple doesn't work with jello, but are there any weird issues with crushed pineapple? Or does anyone have a pineapple filling recipe they'd share?

10 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 11

i make pineapple filling all the time. just like you say you do for the raspberries.. but i don,t use cream.. i will try that too.. so , yes , i think you can use the crushed pineapple...i might would drain it ,sinsce you are using the cream.. or use just a little more cornstarch.. i usually use about 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice also. hth

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 11

i would cream together some whipping cream and some cream cheese, then fold in the crushed pineapple. it would have to be refridgerated but this is all i could come up with. heres a bump for you!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 11

so this is a dumb question chefjess, but do you mean to whip the cream first then mix in cream cheese, or just mix the cream unwhipped with the cream cheese?
Thanks for the tips

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 11

I made a great pineapple cream cheese filling. Just made my usual cream cheese icing recipe (butter, cream cheese, PS, vanilla) and mixed in a jar of pineapple ice cream topping. I added a little pina colada LoAnn, but it probably didn't need it...it was SOOO yummy! HTH!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs328

I made a great pineapple cream cheese filling. Just made my usual cream cheese icing recipe (butter, cream cheese, PS, vanilla) and mixed in a jar of pineapple ice cream topping. I added a little pina colada LoAnn, but it probably didn't need it...it was SOOO yummy! HTH!

That sounds delicious. I haven't bought the ice-cream topping before. Does it have chunks in it, or is it like a blended sauce?

-Debbie B.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:30pm
post #7 of 11

djs

Would you please give the measurements for the ingredients to your cream cheese filling with the pineapple ice cream topping. WOW that sounds delicious!!

Thanks.

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by idgalpal

so this is a dumb question chefjess, but do you mean to whip the cream first then mix in cream cheese, or just mix the cream unwhipped with the cream cheese?
Thanks for the tips

i would put both into the mixer at the same time then whip it until smooth and fluffy. i like pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting. so i thought that the cream cheese would give a good flavor to the cream. thumbs_up.gif

djs328 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:52am
post #9 of 11

I do 1 stick of butter, 1brick of cc. Cream. Add tsp of vanilla. Add 1 lb of PS. Then mix in the jar of pineapple topping. (It's the small jar of Smuckers I used, I think...or it could have been pineapple preserves - I think either would work, and I am so bad at writing stuff down...) Then you could add some LorAnn pineapple or pina colada if you feel like it still needs a little more zip.
HTH! icon_smile.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:56pm
post #10 of 11

Thank you djs328 for sharing. I am going to try this.

djs328 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 9:03pm
post #11 of 11

No problem! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%