Help With First Wedding Cake And Is Over 20 Cakes

Business By boricuagirl_wi Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 8:45pm by tiggy2

boricuagirl_wi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boricuagirl_wi Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 4

I HAVE A BRIDE WHO CALL ME FOR A WEEDING CAKE FOR NEXT WEEKEND THE 27 OF MAY SHE WANT 20 8' CAKES PLUS A 2 TIER (14 ' AN 10')CAKE FOR THE WEDDING PARTY ALL THE CAKES WILL BE WITH WHITE BUTTER CREAMS FAKE FLOWERS THE SMALLS CAKES WILL HAVE A CARNATION'S ON THE TOP AND SHE WANT THE 2 TIER WITH CALLA LILIES PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS MY FIRST WEDDING CAKE QUESTIONS 1. DO I CHARGE A FEE FOR BEEN SO LATE TO THE DATE 2 DELIVERY AND SET UP FEE 3 HOW MUCH FOR EACH 8'CAKE AFTER BEEN DECORATED 4 DO I CHARGE FOR THE SMALL PLATE'S OR DO I HAVE A RENT FEE 5 AND HOW MUCH DO I CHARGE FOR THE 2 TIER ONE WE SUPPOSED TO MET TOMORROW NIGHT TO GO OVER THE CONTRACT WITH HER DO I COLLECT THE WHOLE FEE OR 50 %DEPOSIT PLEASE HELP ME

3 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 4

First welcome to CC! Second take off your capital letters, it considered shouting online icon_smile.gif
Now to your questions,
1 yes charge for a rush order.

2 yes you can charge a d/s fee

3 your price per cake is different depending on where you live. I charge 3.50 per slice for b/c frosting so check around to see what the going rate is in your area.

4 What kind of plates might you be charging for? if you want them back yes charge a small rental deposit fee then when you get your plates back you return the deposit. If they're disposable then no just add it to your cake prices.

5 Charge per slice for the larger stacked cake just like the 8" cakes.

6 Collect the entire fee upfront since it's last minute.

hth

Cakeandcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeandcupcakes Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 4

Be aware to what you are signing up for too. I just did a wedding like that and it was way more work than I was prepared for. In all I think I worked well over 20 hours on those "simple" cakes for decorating alone. I totally undercharged my people however I decided that going forward if I was going to do it again I would charge at least $40 per cake and then do the two tiered based on servings. If you price the small cakes based on servings you'll get screwed because the 8" cakes are probably more cake than they need anyway.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%