Double-Duty Parents - How Is Your Father's Day?

Lounge By playingwithsugar Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 12:11am by playingwithsugar

playingwithsugar Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 6

Come on, I know there are some Moms out there who are both Mom and Dad to their kids.

Do your children do anything special for you for Father's Day, too? My son has, for many years. Last night, I got some cookware to go with the pieces I already have (it's what I asked for) and taken out to dinner, plus, of course, the requisite card.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

5 replies
mkolmar Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:04am
post #2 of 6

That's so sweet. You must be a fabulous mother.

playingwithsugar Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:09am
post #3 of 6

Thanks. Let's just say I did the best I could, with what I knew, no help from anyone (parents and grandparents all deceased, father left before he turned 1).

He turned out ok, ya know? He's an emergency medical technician, loves his job, and wants to go back to school to be a paramedic. He had a good credit rating, his car is paid off, and in his whole life, there wasn't a time he would embarrass me when we were out in public. He has no children running around, no criminal record - I think I did a good job.

I just wanted to show support for other dual duty parents here on CC.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Katie-Bug Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 6

I love what you had to say about your son!! Shows you raised him to have morals an be responsible. Wonderful job!!!! Happy Fathers Day- mom!!

JaeRodriguez Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 6

Sorry I'm late replying, I haven't been on in a while! This reminds me of my dad, except I celebrate Mother's Day for him! :] He's amazing and fills the Dad and the Mom role in our house! How sweet of your son to do that for you!

playingwithsugar Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:11am
post #6 of 6

Ditto! I think it's great that you do this for your Dad. It lets him know that he's appreciated for being able to wear multiple hats.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%