1St Wedding Cake

Business By splymale Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 12:58pm by cylstrial

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing my 1st wedding cake in Aug. I know there are already things on this website on how to do a wedding cake, wedding cake pricing, servings, etc. I'm having a hard time finding them. Can someone give me some direction? Please???????

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 4

What kind of cake is it? (Regular flavors vs. Premium flavors?) How many slices will you be serving? Buttercream or fondant? Simple or detailed?

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 4

It's Buttercream, I know how much to charge based on the actual cake part, I'm not sure about the additional amount for the construction aspect of it, decorating, etc. (It's a dot pattern w/ fresh flowers).

I've heard there are serving charts on this website from other forums and there is some kind of pricing guide. Where do I find them?
Thank you!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 4

There are serving charts. You can find some on the Wilton website. And then there is Earlene's chart. But her slices are giant, so you would need to charge more money for each slice.

As for a pricing chart, I have never seen one. Although I think that would be great. I typically look at other people's websites and see what they charge to figure out what I want to charge one day.

The cake sounds gorgeous!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%