Help How To Make A Mushroom Out Of Fondant

Decorating By Brendabeeper Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 3:52am by LeanneW

Brendabeeper Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a cake and need to make mushrooms out of fondant
can anyone give me suggestions? These mushrooms will be standing up on the cake amist some flowers and mini dolls ( tinkerbell cake)
Thank you

6 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 7

I think the easiest way would be to make the stems and let them dry somewhat and remember that they are not perfectly straight. Also make them various sizes. Make these by rolling tapered sausages from fondant cutting off the ends to make them flat.

For the caps, make a ball of fondant and hollow it out with your thumb or rounded tool, let it dry. You could then paint on some details to the caps, spots, etc. Dip the narrow ends of the stems into melted white candy melts (or white chocolate) and then attach the caps to the stems. Use just enough to adhere them without chocolate running down the stems. Let this cool and then place on the cake where needed.

Hope this helps.

LeanneW Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 7

you could make meringue mushrooms very easily and they look so real

good luck

Brendabeeper Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 7

This information and web sites was AWESOME!, The lady I am making this for asked for Meringue mushrooms but I didnt think I could. I am going to try it thanks to this information. ***THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!****

LeanneW Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 7

let us know how it goes! I have been meaning to try making meringue mushrooms and ribbon roses.

Brendabeeper Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:01am
post #6 of 7

The mushrooms turned out wonderfull. They were really not hard to make, and everyone loved them.

LeanneW Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:52am
post #7 of 7

wow the mushrooms look great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%