Iso Pattern For 3D Dump Truck - Wilton Celebrate W/fondant

Decorating By Michele25 Updated 5 Feb 2011 , 5:39am by JanH

Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 17

I am wondering if anyone would be willing to send me the instructions/pattern for the 3D Dump Truck Cake that is found in the Wilton Celebrate With Fondant book. Many people in the How To forum say that they used these instructions when constructing their dump truck cakes. I need to make a 3D dump truck next month and would greatly appreciate it if someone could send me this info.

Thanks in advance,
Michele

16 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 17

You've got mail! icon_biggrin.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 17

I am glad that "cheatize" sent them to you. I didn't think that the directions were that great or that helpful. None of them ever are. Hope your cake turns out well - I hope you post a pic as I am very interested in seeing the finished cake.

Katiekatiekatie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiekatiekatie Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 17

does anyone have a photo of this cake?

Id like to try as well...

Maybe someone "HINT HINT" could send me direction to!

Thanks!
Katie

Michele25 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 17

Thank you so, so much, cheatize!! That will be so helpful!

Peridot--I think what will be most helpful is seeing how they put the cake pieces together before they're frosted. I don't make many 3D cakes, and I am a real candidate for a 3D Cake for Dummies guide!!! icon_lol.gif

I will definitely post the photo next month after I make it!!

Thanks again! thumbs_up.gif

Michele25 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 17

Katie--send me your email address and I will forward the instructions that cheatize sent.

cheatize Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 17

You're welcome! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need something else from the book.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:03am
post #8 of 17

Would someone send me the instructions? My husband owns and drives dump trucks. Love to make him a cake.

Michele25 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:49am
post #9 of 17

I forwarded you the instructions, txnonnie.

cpwong00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cpwong00 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 2:33am
post #10 of 17

Could I get the photos and instructions too please? My cousin asked me to make a 3-D truck cake for his son's 2nd birthday. I've never made a 3-D cake before, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that'll it'll be doable. Thank you in advance!

Claudia

Michele25 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 2:48am
post #11 of 17

Claudia - I sent the instructions to your email address.

Michele

cpwong00 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 9:21pm
post #12 of 17

I made this cake! Yeah, my first 3-D. Thanks, Michele, for the info. I had quite a few head scratching moments while making it, since the instructions are vague, and I had to make it bigger to serve 50. It didn't come out perfect, but I had alot of fun making it. icon_lol.gif

I don't know if I can attach a photo here, but I did upload it on my account if anyone is interested.

Michele25 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 9:58pm
post #13 of 17

Your cake looks fantastic, cpwong00!! Love the candy in the back! I never ended up making this cake because the customer opted for a 2D dump truck instead (photo is in my gallery). I am hoping to try it sometime soon, though. You had mentioned that the directions were vague--any tips you can give on what you did when the directions got confusing?

Thanks for posting your photo thumbs_up.gif !

cpwong00 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 2:29am
post #14 of 17

Thanks, Michelle, for the wonderful comments! I apologize for the late reply. I haven't had a chance to get back onto this site for quite some time.

As for the vague instructions, I'm a novice cake decorator, so maybe these won't be problems you'll encounter.

The first was, I made the cake board 8"x16" (the size of the cake) except I didn't account for the shrinkage of the baked cake so the board stuck out which made attaching the tires a bit hard and resulted in 2 of them falling off during transport.
Another one was once iced, the cake started to shift as I was trying to put on the fondant, so I had to peel everything off and stablize it with dowels.
Also, I had to cut the fondant into "car parts" rather than lay an entire sheet of fondant to cover the front of the truck which is what they asked. I probably could if I doubled the fondant, but then I'd be left with a bunch of scrap red fondant.
And I had to get quite creative in making the 3-D details. There was no instructions on how to make them. I ended up playing around with a ruler.
Plus the back looked very plain (no back view from instructions), so we played around with a back bumper, and my sister made the license plate to give it some detail.

Hope the info helps. Take care and happy decorating!! icon_biggrin.gif

terriann1023 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terriann1023 Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:38pm
post #15 of 17

Can someone pelase email me dirctions on a dump truck cake. I want to make one for my sons 3rd bday. Thanks so much
Terri-Ann

cheatize Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 3:41am
post #16 of 17

You've got mail. icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 5:39am
post #17 of 17

If you wish to receive emails, it's necessary to use the CC email system. icon_smile.gif

Anyone who wishes to receive the directions, can pm cheatize or Michele25.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%