How Do You Get Hot Pink With No Yuck Taste

Decorating By stcoving Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 5:54pm by playingwithsugar

stcoving Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stcoving Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 6

How do you get buttercream or any medium hot pink with no yuck taste? I have found red with no taste but can not really get the pink i'm looking for.

5 replies
chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 6

Americolor - Electric Pink, it's the bomb and no taste!
I find that Country Kitchen and Fondantsource have the best prices...

If you need a quick way, I've heard that Wilton Rose Pink comes out hot. I bought some for that purpose but have not tried it. I love Americolor's electrics!

BillaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BillaCakes Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 6

I have used Wilton Rose Pink successfully. I am very sensitive to chemical tastes in icings and cake batters and I was pleasantly surprised with the Wilton pink. I think I used MAYBE an 1/8th of a teaspoon of it, if even that. Americolor is great too, but unless you have a cake shop in your area, you'd have to order it. Good luck! Remember, a little goes a long way when you use concentrated colors, so easy does it!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 6

Definitely the Wilton Rose! Hot pink results...no doubt about it!!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 6

I really haven't noticed a taste with Americolor, whereas I do notice the taste from Wilton.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 6

Wilton Christmas Red. It only takes a little. Make it a day or two before, make it a lighter than you want, and allow it to mature overnight. It's a vivid pink. We use it for our girls all the time.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%