Prayer Request

Lounge By erinalicia Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 2:19pm by sarahpierce

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 10

I have a dear friend who's husband has cystic fibrosis. He is 34 years old and until just recently, they were planning to move to St. Louis so that he could get on the lung transplant list for a double lung replacement.

Sometime last month he went into the hospital and he has progressively continued to go down-hill. This morning he coded and is now on a vent which disqualifies him from getting a lung transplant.

My friends have an 11 month old little boy. Please say a prayer for my friend. Her name is Robin and her husband's name is Charlie. I know that there isn't much that can be done for Charlie, but please pray that he is at peace and that Robin can find some strength and peace during this time.

My heart is just breaking for them because I'm in NC and they live in OK. I wish that I could be there for her. She doesn't have the best relationship with her in-laws, so there are a lot of other issues going on, but right now, I'm just praying for strength for her, and for her to be able to handle losing her husband. They celebrated their 3rd wedding anniversary earlier this month while he was in the hospital.

Thanks everyone!

9 replies
Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 10

Sending prayers for your friend that God will give her strength and comfort through this difficult time.
She's lucky to have a friend like you.

erinalicia Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 11:40pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you! I'm still waiting for an update from her, but I know she is pre-occupied. I hope and pray that everything is okay though. Thanks for the prayers.

LambrinieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LambrinieCakes Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:06am
post #4 of 10

my prayer's are with them.

missbeth5281 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missbeth5281 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:44am
post #5 of 10

*praying*

erinalicia Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you all for the prayers. Charlie passed away early this morning. Please continue to pray for my friend, Robin and her family. Their little boy, Andrew ("Roo") turns 1 next month.

My heart is just breaking for my friend. I can't imagine losing my husband like this, even though I knew it a possibility. Charlie was 34 years old and had lived with and fought with cystic fibrosis his entire life. It's a miracle he lived as long as he did, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

Thank you again.
Erin

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:17am
post #7 of 10

sending prayers not only for your friends but also for you to have peace in knowing that your request for prayers is doing as much for them as you actually being there! Will be glad to add you to prayer list at church!

erinalicia Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:54am
post #8 of 10

Thank you. Charlie's funeral is Friday, and I wish that I could be there for Robin, if only to help her out with their little boy.

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:12am
post #9 of 10

I am sorry to hear that your friend has lost her husband. We will continue to pary for all of you. Trust in the fact that now he can breath and has no pain. His loss is painful for you all but he will be watching over you all and will be in your hearts forever. God Bless

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:19pm
post #10 of 10

*My thoughts are with them*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%