Fondant Balls

Decorating By Modonmr Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 9:32am by Caths_Cakes

Modonmr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Modonmr Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:47am
post #1 of 6

How do I make fondant balls all the same size, I am putting them around the bottom of the cake and do not know how to make them the same size

5 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:55am
post #2 of 6

roll out your fondant about 1/8" thick.. take round circle of the size you think you need. and cut out.. have a little shortening in palm of hands.. and roll into balls. if you want them to dry first. lay on some foam.. so they will dry round.. then put pearl dust in freezer bag.. put in fondant balls and shake litely.. or in a tupperware bowl or something like that.. if you don,t want them to dry before you put them around cake.. just add them as you make them.. then if you want ot pearlize them.. then do it then. either with dry dust or mixed with some everclear or vodka..hth

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 6:03am
post #3 of 6

To make bigger ones, I use a measuring spoon and just scoop up the right amount of fondant, level the top with my fingers and then roll it into a ball. It's not as precise as rolling it out and cutting circles, which is the best method, but if you're in a hurry then it's a lot faster.

Bel_Anne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bel_Anne Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 6:36am
post #4 of 6

I also learnt another method. You roll fondant out into a sausage or snake, then cut it even segments (eg. 1cm each segment). Then you just roll each segment into a ball. You should have nearly exactly the same amounts of fondant for each ball. Won't be as perfect as the circle method. But if you don't have the right size circle, the sausage works well!

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:12am
post #5 of 6

I do mine the same as Bel-Anne the "roll a snake" method. that sounds kind of funny!

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:32am
post #6 of 6

i like to do the circle method, find it much easier, but its more time consuming.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%