Satin Ice

Decorating By swritik Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 1:44am by Rylan

swritik Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:40am
post #1 of 5

i dont get it, i used before wilton fondant, and today i made a cake out of satin ice fondant and it is weird. The fondant has air bubbles and also rips very easy. Why is that?

Rita

4 replies
howsweet Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:56am
post #2 of 5

Different fondants have different personalities. Personally i prefer Pettinice over SatinIce because even though it's eve more bubbly, it stretches so much better. Satin Ice rips easily and gets alligator skin.

Once you're used to working with one brand - then what ever you try seems weird. All fondants have to be worked with a little differently. That doesn't mean it's not worth the effort to switch and find out which one is best for you even though it's a little frustrating.

Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:45am
post #3 of 5

Knead together 1/3 Wilton + 2/3 Satin Ice and you'll love not only the way it works, but the taste is great, too.

HTH
Rae

icer101 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:58am
post #4 of 5

yea!!!finally something good said about wilton.. thank you... yes, i see it is more satin ice. which i have used.. now i am seeing that wilton won,t contaminate satin ice.. ha!!!i also love pettinice.. so , what works for one person.. doesn,t alway work for someone else..

Rylan Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:44am
post #5 of 5

Also sometime Satin Ice isn't consistent with every batch. I've had really soft ones and really firm ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%