I HAVE A BRIDE WHO CALL ME FOR A WEEDING CAKE FOR NEXT WEEKEND THE 27 OF MAY
SHE WANT 20 8' CAKES PLUS A 2 TIER (14 ' AN 10')CAKE FOR THE WEDDING PARTY
ALL THE CAKES WILL BE WITH WHITE BUTTER CREAMS FAKE FLOWERS THE SMALLS CAKES WILL HAVE A CARNATION'S ON THE TOP AND SHE WANT THE 2 TIER WITH CALLA LILIES
PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS MY FIRST WEDDING CAKE
1. DO I CHARGE A FEE FOR BEEN SO LATE TO THE DATE
2 DELIVERY AND SET UP FEE
3 HOW MUCH FOR EACH 8'CAKE AFTER BEEN DECORATED
4 DO I CHARGE FOR THE SMALL PLATE'S OR DO I HAVE A RENT FEE
5 AND HOW MUCH DO I CHARGE FOR THE 2 TIER ONE
WE SUPPOSED TO MET TOMORROW NIGHT TO GO OVER THE CONTRACT WITH HER DO I COLLECT THE WHOLE FEE OR 50 %DEPOSIT PLEASE HELP ME
I'm not in the business, barely even a hobby baker anymore, but wanted to comment.
1. YES, charge for ordering so late. Kinda makes me wonder why she's so late. Did another baker back out on her?
2. YES, your gas and time to haul and set up all those cakes costs something.
3. Not sure, as I said, not in the business and prices vary by location, but from being on here, I know most charge per serving so figure out how many servings they are. Is she bringing you the flowers or will you have to buy them? If you have to buy them that should be extra.
4. If you are using plates that you want returned, then YES, charge a rental fee for them.
5. Again, charge per serving.
Lastly, since it is only a week until the wedding then you need to collect the whole fee, preferably cash, on the spot. Since it will be Sunday and most people don't carry that much cash on them, she may need to bring it to you first thing Monday morning or you don't do the cakes!
dupl thread....see add'l responses under http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6443405.html#6443405