3 Ladies Turning 70

Decorating By oceanspitfire Updated 20 Jun 2009 , 10:44pm by DeniseNH

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 5

I've been mulling this over for the past 24 hours - including in my sleep probably too - and I'm stumped. A friend of my mom's is turning 70 next month and asked me to do a cake for her and 2 other friends- they're all turning 70- not at the same time- so she doesn't want it to be a big birthday theme thing- like no happy birthday written on it etc- so my challenge is to come up with something that reflects this is a special day for 3 older ladies, so, sophisticated- thinking like tea party type thing- so I don't want to just do one simple prettily decorated cake if I can help it- although I won't toss out those ideas either if need be. Something that will hint the idea of 3. Any ideas?

4 replies
Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 5

What about a tea pot for guests and personalized tea cup cakes for the ladies? Maybe cupcake size or slightly larger...

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 5

How about a central cake decorated like a table - with lacy table cloth,, bouquet of flowers and a china tea set (you can get small ones from the dollar store that look really good), then three satelite cakes as the chairs but each of the three would have individual happy birthday message and the name of the lady celebrating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%